G Com Solutions
About the instructor
All G Com Solutions trainers (both online and in person) are highly experienced IT professionals and qualified to deliver a wide range of Microsoft training courses.
They have a vast experience of delivering public and on-site IT training content at different skill levels, to groups of varying sizes and have all obtained the MCSA BI Reporting certification.
Microsoft Power BI offers users true Self-Service BI. Power BI enables business users to interact with corporate information and to extract the reports and intel they need. Power BI allows users to access reports and dashboards using familiar tools and devices.
Self-service BI has never been so user-friendly!
Microsoft Power BI Introduction will show you how to create compelling visualizations and reports which provide deep insights into your data.
By the end of the course, you will be confident in using the three main components of Power BI:
- Power BI Desktop
- the Power BI Service
- and Power BI Mobile Apps.
You will know how to connect to a wide variety of data sources, using both Power BI Desktop, and the Power BI Service.
You will be able to use the Query Editor to transform and morph data into the right format for your reporting purposes.
You will be able to perform complex data modelling operations using relationships, calculated columns, measures, and DAX expressions.
You will learn how to share dashboards and reports, with colleagues, business partners and potential clients.
And how to use Power BI’s sophisticated security features to control the exact content your audience is able to view.
In short, this Microsoft Power BI Introduction will equip you with all the skills you need, to start using Power BI with confidence.
- 1. The Power BI product FREE PREVIEW
- 2. Using the Query Editor in Power BI Desktop FREE PREVIEW
- 3. Creating a report in Power BI Desktop FREE PREVIEW
- 4. Publishing a report in the Power BI service FREE PREVIEW
- 5. Creating app workspaces
- 6. Creating dashboards
- 7. Publishing an app
- 8. The Power Bi mobile experience
- 9. Connecting to GitHub in the Power BI Service
- 10. Connecting to Google Analytics (Service and Desktop compared)
- 1. Adding data to the data model
- 2. Examining the data model
- 3. Creating relationships automatically
- 4. Creating relationships manually FREE PREVIEW
- 5. Creating a composite primary key
- 6. Creating a date table
- 7. Creating calculated columns
- 8. Creating measures
- 9. Using the SUMX function
- 10. Using RELATED and RELATEDTABLE
- 11. Creating a calculated table
- 1. Overview of report FREE PREVIEW
- 2. Backgrounds, logos and images
- 3. Working with themes
- 4. The card big-picture visual
- 5. Using visual filters
- 6. Using the format painter
- 7. Gauges and targets
- 8. Creating bar charts
- 9. Editing visual interactions FREE PREVIEW
- 10. Using slicers
- 11. Using the treemap visual
- 12. Creating a map visual
- 13. Date hierarchies and drill-down
- 14. Using time intelligence functions