Power BI is a powerful data visualization tool that allows users to create interactive dashboards and reports. It provides a wide range of connectors for various data sources. However, if you are working with a data source that is not natively supported by Power BI, you can use Power Query M language to connect to it.
In this article, we will show you how to use Power Query M language to connect to the Profisee data source from inside Power BI.
What is the Profisee data source?
Profisee is a master data management solution that provides a centralized platform for managing and maintaining master data across the enterprise. It helps organizations to improve data quality, reduce data duplication, and streamline business processes.
Connecting to Profisee data source from Power BI
To connect to the Profisee data source from Power BI, you need to follow these steps:
1. Open Power BI Desktop and create a new report.
2. Click on the “Home” tab and select “Get Data”.
3. In the “Get Data” window, select “Web” as the data source.
4. In the “From Web” window, enter the URL of the Profisee REST API endpoint in the “URL” field. You will also need to specify the authentication method and credentials to access the Profisee data source.
5. Click on “OK” to connect to the Profisee data source.
Using Power Query M language to transform data
Once you have connected to the Profisee data source, you can use Power Query M language to transform the data as per your requirements.
Power Query M language is a functional programming language that is used to transform and manipulate data in Power BI. It provides a wide range of functions and operators for data manipulation, aggregation, filtering, and more.
Here is an example of how to use Power Query M language to transform data from the Profisee data source:
1. Select the Profisee data source in the “Queries” pane.
2. Click on “Edit Queries” to open the Power Query Editor.
3. In the Power Query Editor, select the column that you want to transform.
4. Click on “Transform” in the “Transform” tab to open the “Formula Bar” where you can write Power Query M code.
5. Write the Power Query M code to transform the data as per your requirements. For example, you can use the “Text.Replace” function to replace a particular text string in the column.
6. Click on “Close & Apply” to apply the transformations to the data.
In this article, we have shown you how to use Power Query M language to connect to the Profisee data source from inside Power BI. We have also demonstrated how to use Power Query M language to transform the data from the Profisee data source.
Using Power Query M language, you can connect to a wide range of data sources and transform the data as per your requirements. This makes Power BI a powerful tool for data visualization and analysis.