What is the Power Fx Proper Function?
The Proper function is used to capitalize the first letter of each word in a text string while converting all other letters to lowercase. This function is useful when you want to standardize text values in a data source, such as customer names, product names, or addresses. The Proper function is case-insensitive, which means it can handle mixed case or all uppercase text strings.
Syntax of the Proper Function
The syntax of the Proper function is as follows:
Text: The text string that you want to convert.
How to Use the Power Fx Proper Function in Power Apps
To use the Proper function in Power Apps, follow these steps:
1. Open the Power Apps Studio and create a new app or open an existing app.
2. Select the control where you want to use the Proper function.
3. Click on the control and go to the Properties section.
4. In the Properties section, click on the fx button next to the Text property.
5. In the Power Fx editor, type the name of the data source, followed by a dot (.), and then the name of the field that contains the text value you want to convert.
6. Type a comma (,) and then type the Proper function with the text value you want to convert inside the parentheses.
7. Press Enter to save the formula and close the Power Fx editor.
8. Preview the app to see the converted text values.
Here is an example formula that uses the Proper function to standardize the customer names in a data source:
This formula converts the text values in the 'Customer Name' field of the Customers data source to the Proper case.
Tips for Using the Proper Function in Power Apps
Here are some tips for using the Proper function in Power Apps:
- Always use the Proper function on a separate line in the formula editor to make it easier to read and modify.
- If you have a large data source with many text values to convert, consider using the ForAll function to apply the Proper function to all values in a specific column.
- If you want to convert only the first letter of a text value to uppercase, use the Upper function instead of the Proper function.
- If you want to convert all letters of a text value to uppercase, use the Upper function twice or use the Concat function to combine the Upper function with other text values.
The Proper function is a powerful tool for standardizing text values in a data source. With Power Fx, you can easily apply the Proper function to your app and convert text values to Proper case. By following the tips and examples in this article, you can enhance the user experience of your Power Apps and make your data more consistent and reliable.