What is the ALLNOBLANKROW function in DAX?
The ALLNOBLANKROW function is a DAX function that returns all the rows in a table except for the blank row. It is a useful function when you want to perform calculations or comparisons on a set of data that does not include any blank rows.
The syntax for the ALLNOBLANKROW function is as follows:
The ❰table❱ argument is the name of the table that you want to filter.
How to use the ALLNOBLANKROW function in Power BI
To use the ALLNOBLANKROW function in Power BI, you first need to create a new measure. A measure is a calculation that is based on the values in a column or columns of data.
To create a new measure, follow these steps:
1. Open your Power BI report and select the table that contains the data you want to use.
2. Click on the “New Measure” button in the “Modeling” tab of the ribbon.
3. In the “Formula Bar”, enter the formula for your measure. In this case, we want to use the ALLNOBLANKROW function to filter out any blank rows in our data. Here is an example formula:
FilteredData = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Amount]), ALLNOBLANKROW(Sales))
In this example formula, we are using the CALCULATE function to sum the values in the Sales[Amount] column. The ALLNOBLANKROW function is used to filter out any blank rows in the Sales table.
4. Click “Enter” to create the new measure. You will now see the measure appear in the “Fields” pane under the table that contains the data.
Once you have created your measure, you can use it in your visualizations and dashboards just like any other field in your data.
Benefits of using the ALLNOBLANKROW function
The ALLNOBLANKROW function is a powerful tool for data analysis in Power BI. Here are some benefits of using this function:
– More accurate calculations: By filtering out blank rows in your data, you can ensure that your calculations are more accurate and reliable.
– Improved visualizations: When you have a set of data that contains blank rows, it can impact the appearance of your visualizations. By using the ALLNOBLANKROW function, you can ensure that your visualizations look clean and professional.
– Time-saving: Rather than manually filtering out blank rows in your data, you can use the ALLNOBLANKROW function to do it for you automatically. This saves you time and makes your analysis more efficient.
The ALLNOBLANKROW function is a powerful tool for data analysis in Power BI. By filtering out blank rows in your data, you can ensure that your calculations are more accurate and your visualizations look clean and professional. If you are not already using the ALLNOBLANKROW function in your Power BI reports, it is definitely worth exploring.
Power BI DAX Training Courses by G Com Solutions (0800 998 9248)
Power BI DAX Intensive Training Course£1,050.00 – £26,550.00
Power BI DAX Introduction£395.00 – £9,750.00
Power BI DAX Intermediate£395.00 – £9,750.00
Power BI DAX Advanced£395.00 – £9,750.00