What is the PRICEDISC Function?
The PRICEDISC function in Power BI is a DAX function that calculates the discounted price of a security. It takes three arguments – settlement, maturity, and discount – and returns the discounted price of the security.
Syntax of the PRICEDISC Function
The syntax of the PRICEDISC function is as follows:
PRICEDISC(settlement, maturity, discount)
– **settlement:** The settlement date of the security.
– **maturity:** The maturity date of the security.
– **discount:** The discount rate of the security.
How to Use the PRICEDISC Function
To use the PRICEDISC function in Power BI, follow these steps:
1. Open your Power BI desktop.
2. Click on the “Enter Data” button in the Home tab.
3. Enter the settlement, maturity, and discount rates in the “Enter Data” dialog box.
4. Click on the “Load” button to load the data into Power BI.
5. Create a new measure by clicking on the “New Measure” button in the Modeling tab.
6. Enter the following DAX formula:
Discounted Price = PRICEDISC([Settlement], [Maturity], [Discount])
7. Click on the “Enter” button to create the measure.
8. Use the measure in your visualizations to display the discounted prices of your securities.
Let’s take a look at some examples of how to use the PRICEDISC function in Power BI.
Suppose we have a security with a settlement date of January 1, 2021, a maturity date of December 31, 2021, and a discount rate of 5%. To calculate the discounted price of the security, we can use the following DAX formula:
Discounted Price = PRICEDISC(DATE(2021,1,1), DATE(2021,12,31), 0.05)
The result will be the discounted price of the security.
Suppose we have a table of securities with settlement dates, maturity dates, and discount rates. To calculate the discounted prices of all securities in the table, we can use the following DAX formula:
Discounted Price = PRICEDISC([Settlement Date], [Maturity Date], [Discount Rate])
We can then use the measure in our visualizations to display the discounted prices of our securities.
The PRICEDISC function in Power BI is a powerful tool for calculating discounted prices of securities. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily use the PRICEDISC function in your Power BI dashboards and visualizations.