What is the RECEIVED function?
The RECEIVED function in Power BI is used to calculate the amount received in a transaction. It takes into account the sales price, any discounts, and any taxes or fees that are applicable to the transaction. This function helps businesses to keep track of their financial transactions and ensure accurate reporting.
How to use the RECEIVED function in Power BI
To use the RECEIVED function in Power BI, follow these steps:
1. Open Power BI and create a new report.
2. Select the table or data source that contains the transaction data.
3. In the formula bar, type the following formula:
RECEIVED = SalesPrice – Discounts + TaxesAndFees
4. Replace "SalesPrice", "Discounts", and "TaxesAndFees" with the appropriate column names from your data source.
5. Press Enter to calculate the RECEIVED amount for each transaction.
Tips for using the RECEIVED function
Here are some tips to keep in mind when using the RECEIVED function in Power BI:
- Make sure that your data source contains all the necessary columns for the formula to work correctly. This includes columns for sales price, discounts, taxes, and fees.
- Double-check your formula to ensure that you have entered the correct column names and syntax.
- Use the SUM function to add up the total RECEIVED amount for all transactions in your data source.
- Experiment with different visualizations and charts to display your RECEIVED data in a meaningful way.
The RECEIVED function is a powerful tool that can help businesses to keep track of their financial transactions and ensure accurate reporting. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily use the RECEIVED function in Power BI to calculate the amount received in each transaction. Remember to double-check your formula and experiment with different visualizations to get the most out of this function.